New Year’s resolutions are dreams and wishes while goals are objective targets. Achieving three goals in 2019 will be a significant achievement and make a positive difference in your life. Shown below are 10 steps to achieving your 3 most important goals in 2019.
1. Evaluate all the major aspects of life: faith, family, marriage, parenting, health, fears to be overcome, friendships, income, career, financial planning, etc. Then, select the 3 most important goals for making a difference in your life and the life of others.
2. It is absolutely essential to write down those 3 goals. Yes, goals must be in writing otherwise they are only dreams.
3. Be very specific and measurable with your goals.
4. For each goal, write down the reasons that these goals will enhance your life and those around you.
5. Break each of the 3 goals into 5 small steps.
6. Set a deadline for achieving each of the 5 steps.
7. Write down the obstacles to be overcome in order to achieve your goals.
8. Every night plan and write down how you will move toward accomplishing each goal the next day.
9. Only share your 3 goals with those who will support and encourage you.
10. Perfectly visualize what it will feel like to achieve your 3 important goals.
Before January 1st, intentionally write down your 3 most important goals for 2019.
Enjoyed this post? Like or share on Facebook and Twitter to spread the word! See past blog posts under Practical Wisdom for Marriage, Parenting, and Life