Life is not fair and filled with continual challenges. Developing mental toughness is an important goal in order to handle various life issues. Shown below are 5 qualities that can make a difference when a life trial arises.
1. Embrace change. Be flexible and willing to adapt when change occurs because changes are part of daily life. Recognizing that some type of change is always just around the corner builds mental toughness.
2. Be confident. Henry Ford said, “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t—you are right.” Overcome any doubt by making things happen and believing in your abilities and talents.
3. Be positive. With God by your side, have the internal strength and character to find solutions for life difficulties. When a life crisis occurs have the belief that “I can and I will cope with this problem by searching for answers.”
4. Avoid toxic individuals. Negative, difficult people are emotionally frustrating and can easily drain you and pull you down rather than make your stronger. Toxic people only hurt your positive attitude.
5. Let go of setbacks. Focus your attention on what you did right, not what you did wrong. Forgetting the past and living in the present moment will empower you toward success.
Today: Begin using these 5 qualities and develop more personal assets through daily reading of positive materials.
Enjoyed this post? Like or share on Facebook and Twitter to spread the word! Please also “SUBSCRIBE” on my website for future newletters and information about my Christian marriage book. See past blog posts under Practical Wisdom for Marriage, Parenting, and Life.