One of the most important decisions a person will make in life is selecting a future spouse. Unfortunately, numerous spouses just choose the wrong partner and the result is divorce. I estimate that 80% to 85% of the time a divorce happens because one spouse is deeply flawed and demonstrates extreme unhealthy thinking and/or behaviors.
No matter your age, if you are single, shown below are 7 ways to find that healthy spouse.
1. Write down 15 qualities that you are seeking in a wholesome partner.
2. Write down 5 intolerable flaws or deal breakers that you absolutely want to avoid in a future spouse.
3. Avoid dating a person who needs “fixing.” “Fixes” rarely happen after the wedding day.
4. Only date potential marriage partners.
5. Have your eyes wide open while dating, and then half closed after the wedding ceremony.
6. Date for at least 12 months or the four seasons so you fully know your potential spouse before getting engaged.
7. Recognize the flaws your future spouse possesses before marriage, will be to a greater degree after the wedding day.
This Week: Write down 15 qualities and 5 intolerable flaws so you have your list when you begin the dating process.