Perhaps the best synonym for love is value. One of the best ways to value your spouse is to continually build them up through praise and affirming actions. Daily encouragement overcomes the disease of complacency. Shown below are ideas for honoring and esteeming your spouse.
1. Be a living example of Godliness.
2. When a mistake is made be quick to forgive because both of you will disappoint one another at times.
3. Remember “little things” mean a lot so initiate quick kisses, touches, hand holding, etc.
4. Initiate a surprise “date night.”
5. Smile regularly and laugh with your spouse
6. Begin thinking about a special way to celebrate your next anniversary and share your ideas with your spouse.
7. Respect your spouse’s opinion even though it may be different than your perspective.
8. Never let a day go by without saying, “I appreciate . . . “
9. Place a “love note” on your spouse’s car seat, under their pillow, their purse or briefcase, etc.
10. Be a “massage therapist” to lift your spouse’s spirits when they are in a low mood.
Today: Begin valuing spouse through these using these 10 ideas or your own beneficial marital designs.
Enjoyed this post? Like or share on Facebook and Twitter to spread the word! Please also “SUBSCRIBE” on my website for future newletters and information about my Christian marriage book. See past blog posts under Practical Wisdom for Marriage, Parenting, and Life.